Chef Robbi Jenkins Prepares a Family-Favorite:
Mom’s Yellow Squash Casserole
6-7 medium, firm yellow squash
1 large onion, diced
¼ lb. butter
Saltine cracker crumbs
1. Wash and dice squash, then boil in salted water until tender. Drain thoroughly.
2. Sauté onions in butter until tender, and translucent-do not brown.
3. Combine cooked, drained squash with sautéed onion, season to taste with salt and freshly cracked pepper.
4. Pour squash and onion mixture into buttered casserole dish, and dot with more butter.
5. Sprinkle cracker crumbs over top.
6. Bake in 350 degree oven until crumbs are browned and dish is bubbly hot.
Click here to watch Chef Robbi prepare this dish!